Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Time for Reflection

First off, as many people know, my grandmother passed away last Thursday night. I want to start by thanking everyone for their thoughts and well wishes. She was 91 years old and had lived an amazing life. She had been in ill health since the holidays, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. Still, having lost both of my parents 16 years ago, I am very close to both of my grandmothers and I will miss her terribly. I love you, Grandma.

OK, so on to today's topic. As often happens in times like these, I thought I'd pause for a little bit of reflection, efed style. So, I'm going to take a look at where I see myself and how I see things going.

I'll start with BigDog.

By most accounts, BigDog has been incredibly successful. However, he has been in a bit of a rut lately. I'm not talking a "Chip Friendly kicking my ass every week" kind of rut, but a bit of a rut nonetheless. It's becoming more and more of a chore to sit down and promo for him these days. I'm not sure if it's just a phase I'm going through, but I can't really seem to find his voice. Something isn't clicking.

Now, this is not at all saying that I don't enjoy what I'm doing with him right now. Teaming with Dan Ryan and taking on Anarchy Inc. has been a really cool storyline. Everybody knows that Dave Brunk is one of the best in the game. Pairing up with him has been very interesting, and I definitely think that the two of us make a good team.

On top of that, we're getting very close to blowing off this huge angle with Anarchy Inc. at Sudden Death, and I'm really looking forward to that. This thing between BigDog and Anarchy has been going for a year now, and things have only spiced up as Ryan and Haven have been having their own little feud.

Add to that the prospect of going against The Best Friends, Chip Friendly and Slambo the Clown, when the Anarchy feud is over, and you've got the makings of some very interesting matchups for quite a while. I just hope that I can get back in the groove for BigDog and really help to make this whole thing sing.

Now, let's talk about Farnswirth. He's another story entirely.

Farnswirth right now is just on top of his game. In A1E, he suffered a bit of a setback in losing the World Title to Beast in his first real title defense, but I think he has really bounced back well since then and built up some great momentum that he can hopefully capitalize on and get another shot at the World Title at Vengeance against whoever wins between JA and Beast at Sudden Death. We've got the makings of a really great cast of contenders at the top with Beast/JA, Farnswirth, and Irishred. Should make for some fun matches over the next couple months.

Over in EPW, I'm having a blast tagging with Chip Friendly. Dan and I just have a natural sort of chemistry when working together. We don't really even discuss where we're going with storylines from week to week. We just kind of roll with whatever the other guy comes up with. Of course, we've brought along Slambo as well, and I just can't get enough of the interaction between Richard and Slambo. It's just a blast to write stuff with Bill, and the dynamic between those two characters is really interesting.

Anyway, that kind of sums up where I think both characters are for now. If I can just get a little spark back with BigDog, it really should be a great spring and summer for efedding for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home