Building to Golden Dreams
As everyone knows, Golden Dreams is the biggest card on the A1E calendar. Every year, we do our best to try and build a ton of angles to culmination at that show, and this year is no exception.
First off, and I list this first only because it's the angle nearest to my heart of hearts, is the whole Andy/Slambo vs. the HPSC storyline. I know it's taken a while for us to get here, but this show is exactly why we've slow played this whole thing. Hopefully everyone out there reading it will agree that it's been worth the wait once it all comes off.
Most likely, we're going to get some kind of match between Richard Farnswirth and Andrew Gilkison. That ought to bring closure to Andy's break from the HPSC and launch him as a revived singles competitor. Selfishly, I hope it merely establishes him as a main event contender rather than as a new champion (hehe, hi Andy!)
In addition, we'll probably have Chip Friendly versus Slambo the Clown as well. I really feel that this match has the potential to steal the show. Dan and Bill are both masters, and they have incredible chemistry working together. I'm also really intrigued to see how this whole Slambo/"Slambo" story works out. Should be a fun read.
On top of all that, there are a million other things coming to a head at GD as well. Right off the bat, we've got an efed wet dream (at least on the A1 circuit) as Spoiler is facing off against Housefly. Dan has been on an incredible role since coming back to A1E and aiming for Fly. He won the Cyber Title and then went out and won the "Best of A1E" tourney. He's absolutely on fire right now, and I'm really looking forward to what Fly can come up with to try and counter him.
Another one we should get is some more development of this whole Cross/MonsterCrossFan angle. I have to admit, their match at Mercury Rising had me feeling I had slept through one too many Sunday school classes, but it was still a great read.
One of my favorite angles of the entire summer should finally come to conclusion as Mr. Amazing and Irishred square off one last time. Bill and Shane have done a great job milking this whole series of matches for everything they're worth, and I'm sure the home stretch will be just as interesting.
Add to all those great matches a few others featuring a red hot Duchess, the always tenacious Sergeant, the complex Drunken Tiger, the returning Eliminator, and two up and coming newbies in Troy Douglas and Daymon as well as potential matches with mainstays Jericoholic Anonymous and James Irish and you've got a card that is packed FULL from top to bottom.
This is as close to "must see TV" as you'll get in your efed year. Hopefully everyone else is as pumped about it as I am.

1 Comments:
Angle-wise, I don't know what's happening for either Sarge or DT. Hopefully they'll both be able to bring some fire to Golden Dreams!
Post a Comment
<< Home